Contests and events are open to the public. Priority will be given to participants who sign up online in advance. Walk-ins are not guaranteed to participate on the day of the due to space limitations. Please check-in at the pavilion 30 minutes before your contest. If you need more information prior to signing up, please contact us.
Culinary Pavilion Contest Sign-up Form
ADOBO COOKOFF GUIDELINES:
- Please specify if you are competing as Traditional or Fusion.
- Only pre-cooked, finished adobo dishes will be accepted - no onsite cooking available on premises.
- Adobo must be presented in a standard disposable aluminum 13.5” pan or equivalent, enough for at least 20 small samplings.
- Please check-in upstairs directly to the Culinary Pavilion the day of the event. Food warmers will be provided for you to store your dish before the event, if needed.
- Please be prepared to speak about your dish and recipe.
- One winner each will be chosen for the Traditional and Fusion categories.
This contest has grown in both participants and popularity with both Filipinos and non-Filipinos alike. Winners gain bragging rights for the whole year! Oh, yeah … balut is a fertilized duck egg.
MAGNOLIA PURPLE FREEZE CHALLENGE
A fun and exciting speed-eating contest where the person who eats the most ube (purple yam) ice cream in three minutes is the winner! Brain freeze at its finest. Sponsored by locally-based Ramar Foods.
HEAVENLY ICE CREAM TASTING BEE
Test your taste buds and see if you can figure out what ice creams are what flavors. This “tasting bee” is like a spelling bee, but for ice cream! Sponsored by locally-based Heavenly Ice Cream.