Times, presenters and activities subject to change. Follow us on Twitter @Pistahan for live updates during Pistahan weekend.
Kaiser Permanente is proud, once again, to sponsor the Health Pavilion at this year’s Pistahan Festival.
- Come learn how to GET FIT, DON’T QUIT—THRIVE to improve your health.
- Enjoy fun nutrition and safety quizzes for all ages
- Learn about “What’s in your Drink” sugar demo—a fun and challenging way to find the healthiest drink—everyone is always surprised at the results.
- Our physicians will be available to speak with you at the TALK WITH A DOC booth.
- Fresh fruit and healthy traditional Filipino recipes—they taste good and are good for you are offered at the Mula sa Puso (from the heart) booth.
- Visitors will be able to get free blood pressure screenings from Kaiser Permanente physicians and nurses.
- Our stroke team will offer bilingual booklets highlighting the warning signs of stroke and stroke prevention.
- Make your pledge to be take action to improve your health and receive a colorful, reusable bag.
The Pavilion will also offer free massages and "hilot" from UC Berkeley's Wellness Center (Recreational Sports Facility). "Hilot" is a type of massage practiced in the Philippines. Chris Adi will be on hand to answer questions about the differences between massage and the Filipino "hilot".
Dr. Arnold Paulos of View Mobile Dental in Dublin and Dr. Tim Verceles of Mission Bay Dental in Hayward will be available to answer dental questions and to discuss what's really in your drinks.